Sunday, May 9, 2010

Black Forest Cream of Mushroom Soup, or whatever it's called, is GOOD! It is great, actually, and the recipe makes a ton, so bam, it rocks.

I made this smoothie my mom told me about: mango, lime, spinach, a little stevia, water. Really good too!

Made a good smoothie today. Samantha shared some. It always makes me happy when other people in my family eat a really healthy thing. I know it's doing so much good for their bodies.

Last night Samantha helped me through the whole process of making kale potato soup. She was very enthusiastic. And everybody ate the soup for dinner last night! Ate it up with no complaints, both kids, and with no extrinsic reward for doing so! It was beautiful.

I saw something that inspired me yesterday, that I felt was really quite true. When I was a teenager and had begun having joint problems and menstrual cycle problems, and was looking for answers, I came across the raw food diet online, and ordered a copy of the book by Victoria Boutenko, Twelve Steps to Raw Foods. In it, the author, a beautiful loving mother of two children, tells the story of their family emigrating to the United States from Russia, and of the declines they all experienced in their health that resulted in a crisis, and how out of this crisis she discovered the raw food diet and felt strongly that that was what their family needed, that was their hope to restore their health. Fast forward to now, both their children are grown, and they still remain true to what their mother taught them, they are still advocates for the raw food diet with a strong emphasis on fresh vegetables. I read an article yesterday by the daughter in this family, Valya Boutenko, that made me think about how I treat and speak to my children, and that reminded me of the importance, and affirmed the possibility of, parenting with absolute love. The article was mostly discussion parenting in reference to how to help children to make healthy food choices, but I felt that the principles could apply universally to how we teach our children anything. I can be that kind of parent. And as I am that kind of parent, it will be so much better for keeping my children close to me, and so much better for relationships, and helping them to see their potential and to recognize their relationship to everything else in the universe, and to feel Peace. I connected with what she was saying on a spiritual level, and I was grateful for that because I'd read a few chapters from Numbers and Deuteronomy for my personal scripture study, and that just wasn't doing it for me spiritually yesterday.

My husband is wonderful. Today was the best Mother's Day ever.

My joint pain gets less and less. It is all but gone today. It is so blissful to feel like a whole person, warm, nourished. I want everyone who is in pain to find what will help their pain go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment